Price £2,034 including VAT
- Start the written work any time with unlimited support from your personal tutor
- Join training dates to suit you - choice available
- MOD approved ELCAS resettlement course
Course dates autumn / winter 2018: 20th September, 23rd and 24th October, 4th December in Trowbridge
Intensive 4 day course winter 2019: 19th - 23rd November - immerse yourself in executive coach training - Trowbridge
Course dates 2019: 22nd and 23rd January, 21st February, 2nd April in Trowbridge
ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring qualification with inspired2learn features unlimited tutorial support, professional recognition, flexible timescales to suit your needs, access to extensive learning resources and instalment payment plans on application.
This qualification is very popular as a distance learning option (no need to attend training). Call us to find out how to formalise your prior training and experience with accreditation.
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 13 credits:
- Unit 8580-500 - Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring (5 credits)
- Unit 8580-501 - Undertaking Management Coaching or Mentoring in the Workplace - 12 hours coaching/mentoring in the workplace (5 credits)
- Unit 8580-503 - Reviewing Own Ability as a Management Coach or Mentor (3 credits)
What you will receive:
- learner access to the ILM website - a wide range of study resources
- learner access to the inspried2learn website - a wide range of study resources and documentation
- free books - our choice for you depends on what you already have and your areas of interest
- a pack of Clare's coaching cards
- a named personal tutor with unlimited email and telephone tutorial support
- a supportive and friendly approach
- unlimited coaching supervision
- FREE attendance on open coaching courses in Wiltshire (subject to availability)
- flexible study deadlines and approach within your ILM registration period
- ELCAS resettlement
- Career transition
- service leavers ELC training
Alumni and our current ILM Level 5 students
The brief examples below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator.
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company.
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority.
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools and are qualifying to coach school managers as part of the CoachMark process
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy. Laura is a senior manager in another large law firm in central London, responsible for the large team of legal secretaries.
- Mark, Darren, Glen, Paul and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns.
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
Customer Reviews for ILM Level 5 Certificate Coaching and Mentoring
The first training day of my ILM Level 5 Coaching course was eye opening – I am in the army and it was very beneficial to experiences the different backgrounds and perspectives of the other delegates. I hadn't realised there were so many variations in coaching and styles of coaching. For my learning it was good to have the variety of people that were non-military.Cliff, Germany
Doing my coaching qualification with i2l has been profound and potentially life changing. I hadn't expected this to be the case. The training days opened my eyes to a different style of managing my team which was an unexpected bonus of doing the ILM Level 5 coaching qualification. I am now ensuring that my team receive coaching from someone else in my organisation and I want to use the change in culture in my team to shift culture and leadership styles more widely where I work.Jonny
Thank you very much for a very inspiring, energising course and encouraging a great group experience. Very excited and very glad I came to your course.Karina, Bath
"I am feeling very excited about coaching and what it can do. I came away from my first coaching session this morning knowing that it had made an impact, my coachee was transformed in his thinking and committed to doing something by this time next week. I sat and made notes afterwards as you suggested and this has helped me to really focus on where I need to improve for the next one. Thank you for your training and support, and thank you for starting me off on this incredible journey!"Ann, Bath Spa Univeristy
A HUGE thank you to you for your support with the assignments over the years!!!! I'm a much a better coach as a result of your assignment input and supervision - just wished I'd had the time to have had more supervision from you. Also a MASSIVE thank you for contacting your network to offer my free coaching services once I left the Council to get in more coaching hours. My ability to focus my time fully on my clients and reflecting on the session, has also definitely helped me become a much better coach. I should also say I found your book really great and your courses very helpful.Catriona, January 2017
There is only one thing I would improve about inspired2learn's coaching course - a shorter lunch so that we can do even more in the afternoon! I loved the practical coaching tools that we were taught and I am definitely going to have a go at them at work.Helen
After my first workshop day I felt I had much better knowledge of tools and templates for coaching. i enjoyed being able to practice coaching with other attendees and I am going to start coaching more at work with my team, especially using coaching questions informally.Heidi
I've taken part in an in-house training programme with inspired2learn (4 workshop days), working towards the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring. I've really enjoyed the workshops and every moment of the learning. The insight into NLP sub-modalities was brilliant and I've got many more coaching tools available to me from doing the course.Glenn
Studying whilst working in a demanding role, running a busy home and completing assignments after being out of the academic arena for sometime is a challenge. However, Clare helped me achieve a ‘ good pass’ in my first assignment by giving feedback, and signposting me to additional reading material on each section. I could therefore move onto the next section knowing that I was on the right track and could be confident that I would have a good quality finished assignment.Catriona, Marlborough, UK
Clare, we have had amazingly positive feedback for your morning session. REALLY good and such fun and great learning. All in all very successful and people clearly went away inspired. Yes they were a lovely group, but generally I think our people always respond well to these types of events if they are treated like intelligent adults, where their thinking is stretched and its fun too….….so a BIG thank you.Learning and Development Manager in a local authority
I decided to do the inspired2learn Coaching and Mentoring qualification to formalise what I was already doing as part of my job. I was quite nervous about formal study having not done any for over 25 years, but Clare made it all seem quite doable. The great thing about the qualification was that I got to study the theory as well as evidence actual coaching practice. And I have also found that the theory has been useful in my job, having recently worked with a colleague to set up practical work-based mentoring within our department. Throughout the learning process, Clare’s support and that of my colleagues also studying for the same qualification, was invaluable.Sarah
The qualification can be quite daunting to fit in when you're in a demanding job and your private time is precious. However inspired2learn have been very receptive, pragmatic and flexible in enabling us to develop our coaching ability and complete the Level 5 qualification in the most efficient manner. They've also been constantly available and on hand with support and guidance. Many thanks.Barry
I am currently studying for the Level 5 Certificate in coaching with Inspried2learn and I have found the level of support and information incredibly helpful. I work full time, so it is a challenge to fit the study in, however I am supported by my organisation and by Inspired2learn throughout this process. Clare Smale is inspiring – she has a vast amount of knowledge and the training is delivered in a clear and enthusiastic way which left me feeling excited about the challenges ahead. Clare makes herself available all the time to us and is happy to tutor through assignments to help me reach my goal. I would recommend Inspired2learn to anyone looking to take the next step in professional qualifications in coaching.Helen Kennedy, Head of Media Services, Wiltshire Police
I am so pleased I chose to study with Inspired2learn, this is what I love about them so far: • Always prompt contact from initial sign up onto the qualification to mid-assignment feedback, I never have to wait which really makes me feel supported and valued. • Knowledge, experience and passion – coaching is clearly a way of life for Clare and she brings so much to my learning by challenging me and offering me a new perspective. Her love of the subject is infectious and it makes me want to be the best coach I can be. • The practical stuff – useful website and resource, extra workshops, insight and experience, really clear information to help with submissions and step by steps on completing diaries. This has made studying alone at home go as smoothly as possible and also an enjoyable experience. • Ongoing support – I never feel like I am being a pain by emailing or calling, when they say they are here for you they actually mean it!Sarah
Not being a very diligent student I found the support from Inspired2learn really important to keep me motivated and on track when I embarked on my Coaching Level 5 Certificate. I was really nervous about it and wasn’t confident that I would be able to complete it. I didn’t always find the unit descriptions and criteria easy to understand in terms of what I needed to provide evidence of and Clare always found a way to explain them to me in a way that made immediate sense. Her feedback on areas where I needed more evidence was always done in a clear and sensitive way. She encouraged me when I needed a boost of confidence. She always responded promptly to queries and questions. Overall, working in “partnership” with Inspired2Learn (that’s what it felt like) it turned out to be a positive and worthwhile learning and development experience for me……skills that I have used time and time again in my management role but also in my OD role for the Council.Chantal