ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Coaches and Mentors
Price £2,795 plus VAT
On line course with plenty of support. Private study and distance learning. Live webinars and a library of over 70 hours of webinar recordings. FREE workshops available later in 2021.
Suitable for beginners to coaching as well as experienced coaches - we adapt our support to your needs.
"i2l were fantastic from first contact to post-qualification engagement. They have been utterly professional throughout. The coaching instructor (Clare Smale) is a true expert in her field and demonstrates this in her approach to coaching you through the course. I learned a huge amount that was not only valuable for coaching and mentoring, but widely applicable in many areas of work and life in general. I'd thoroughly recommend i2l for anyone considering any level of coaching or mentoring qualification." Dave, September 2020
"Thank you again for all the resources. I must say I’m really impressed already by resources on this course and most particularly by the level of your personal support." Liz, October 2020
Payment plans are currently available to help you during the current COVID-19 uncertainty - just get in touch.
Pay a deposit of £450 plus 10 Direct Debit instalments or pay everything in one go - start straight away.
Our 2 year support package is designed for learners who would benefit from plenty of time and flexibility in completing their qualification. Enjoy up to two years of unlimited support PLUS FREE and unlimited coaching supervision with i2l
Key features: start any time, on line learning, unlimited and flexible tutorial support and supervision, free coaching books and coaching cards, flexible timescales over 2 years to suit your needs, access to extensive on-line learning resources and instalment payment plans on application. Free webinars and access to a library of webinar recordings. Student membership of the Association for Coaching for one year. No hidden costs - everything is included. Regular news and updates about the coaching community.
- Start any time and join FREE workshop dates to suit you later in 2021
- On line learning with plenty of resources
- MOD approved - use Enhanced Learning Credits
- 2 years to complete - no fixed deadlines during this time
- Plenty of personal support with your coaching and the written work
- Diploma in NLP Coaching is included (T&Cs apply)
- Group and individual supervision provided
- Totem Pro student discount card for 12 months
"Your coaching webinars are fantastic and really helped me to get back to the essence of coaching. Following on from my experience within the online coaching industry (I think it should be renamed as online marketing industry ??) I questioned my skills, my passion for it and the purpose of coaching, but your work and sessions helped me to get back to the heart of why I was passionate about it in the first place and reminded me of the power of real/true coaching ?." Nina, August 2020
ILM executive coaching and mentoring training courses
We offer ILM training courses in coaching and mentoring as distance learning, open enrolment courses and bespoke ILM courses to support companies and organisations. These are suitable for any level of experience.
To create a customised ILM training courses in coaching or mentoring please get in touch with us. You will get a prompt response with impartial and knowledgeable advice.
Summary of the ILM Level 7 Certificate
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 14 credits:
- Unit 8589-700 - Understanding the Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level (5 credits). A theoretical assignment.
- Unit 8589-701 - Undertaking Coaching or Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level - 20 hours (4 credits). Submission of a portfolio log of coaching with two or three senior strategic leaders. You will also need to arrange 4 hours of coaching supervision with an experienced coach supervisor. We can help you with this (additional costs apply) or you can work with an external supervisor.
- Unit 8589-703 - Reflecting on Your Ability to Perform Effectively as a Coach or Mentor at an Executive or Senior Level (5 credits). Submission of a reflective portfolio.
Distance learning for ILM Executive Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
If you are already an experienced coach, here are the top 9 reasons to gain your ILM coaching & mentoring qualifications by distance learning with inspired2learn:
1. You will receive expert tutorial support from a qualified, experienced and practising coach
2. You will receive unlimited*, prompt and expert tutorial support every step of the way, via telephone, e-mail and/or Zoom. You will have a dedicated named tutor from our team who is there to guide and advise you (* terms apply)
3. This is a reputable route to accreditation for both beginners and experienced coaches and mentors
4. You can choose the exact ILM qualification that is right for you, and personalise your approach to learning
5. You have the option to add FREE workshop to increase your coaching skills and knowledge - available later in 2021
6. You will have the flexibility of choosing your own course timescale to fit in with your other commitments
7. Competitive prices and instalment payment plans if required
8. We have a proven track record of success helping people like you to achieve their ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
9. Flexible study - plenty of on line support materials - no rigid requirement to log in to e-learning at specific times or complete specific tasks - you are free to choose the study methods and timescales that suit you best.
View our ILM reviews
Alumni and some current ILM students
The brief examples below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate. Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools and are qualifying to coach school managers as part of the CoachMark process
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy. Laura is a senior manager in another large law firm in central London, responsible for the large team of legal secretaries.
- Mark, Darren, Glen, Paul and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns.
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
ELCAS Funded ILM Qualifications
Use your 'Enhanced Learning Credits' to boost your career. Inspired2learn are proud to be an approved ELCAS supplier assisting HM Forces personnel wanting help with high quality resettlement training and qualifications for career transition into civilian life
View more about ELCAS training courses
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM level 7
Your ILM Level 7 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at senior practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualification costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you study with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for individual EMCC membership.
Get in touch
Choose your ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications below or get in touch directly with firstname.lastname@example.org or call i2L on 01380 609313
Our coaching and mentoring qualification clients include:
Customer Reviews for ILM Level 7 Certificate Executive and Senior Coaches and Mentors -2 year package including coach supervision
It is interesting how quickly those last 5 or 6 assignments have been completed. Also, I have noticed how more confident and knowledgeable I am of late, it is as though something has clicked into place. Perhaps that is because I've started to believe in myself, together with having a couple of high profile clients with the royal naval charity... My supervision session with Adrian also helped tremendously to recognise and acknowledge my abilities and capability. Thank you sooooo much for all your help and guidance over the last 18 months. It has been a tremendous benefit to me and I appreciate it greatly! As for celebration, well I need to give that some serious thought, I think a meal and alcohol might be involved as a starting point!Chris aka executive coach! September 2021
The level of my coaching expertise has grown and so my confidence to put my skills out there for senior managers who need it. I can evidence providing a space as confidante, critical friend, exec coach, supporter for senior managers should they require it or request it, to support them as my organisaiton faces tough decisions about services, their people. I can also support personal development and career decisions discussions as part of this work and have used it in values based discussions regarding career/development options for strategic managers and leaders. It was a shock at the start for me that this was very learner lead as opposed to trainer lead but I am of the understanding that this is how a qualification of this level is! I think I could have done more to engage colleagues so that we had more of a group experience and would recommend this to anyone taking the qualification. It took longer than I wanted it to and again that’s my responsibility. - Greater awareness of how I operate as an exec coach - More confidence and validation in my ability as an exec coach - A greater depth of skills and models/techniques in my toolkit to use whenever I want to - Greater awareness and experience as to the value of supervision and peer support - A deeper awareness of the value of the Association of Coaching and the competencies so as to abide by them as part of my professional practice Knowledge and reassurance that I still love what I do!Sally, March 2021
I have read a ridiculous amount of articles about coaching, learning, psychology and management theory! I have also learned a lot about myself and my skills as a coach from self-reflection, supervision and working with other coaches - that has been incredibly valuable. My coaching skills are much better developed than I had anticipated. I massively underestimated the time and study commitment to complete this course, having previously studied at this level. Although I am very pleased to have passed, had I known exactly what the study commitment entailed, I may not have started the course.Gemma, March 2021