ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
A basic package to enable you to achieve your Level 5 coaching and mentoring qualification. This option is only suitable for experienced coaches. Email email@example.com to request an applicaiton form or find out more.
Payment holidays and payment plans are currently available to help you during the current COVID-19 uncertainty - just get in touch. Pay a small deposit and get started straight away. Idea if you are furloughed and want to use your time for professional development.
- Start the written work any time
- A flexible e-learning platform to support you
- 1 year to complete
- Access to a tutor by email or phone to ask questions and seek clarification with writing assignments
- Become part of the inspired2learn coaching community for networking and updates
This is our cheapest and most basic learning package, which is ideal of anyone who is already coaching and has access to learning materials and supervision through their current coaching work and memberships.
You will receive an induction pack to your qualification, plus an initial set up meeting by zoom or phone to help you get started and answer your questions. We will also provide you with an eLearning platform to give you initial learning support with the three units of study. We have designed this package to bring the cost right down for experienced coaches and you will be responsible for sourcing your own coaching supervision, support and learning materials. You will be self-motivated and self-reliant. It is essential that you have prior substantial training in coaching skills and you will be asked to complete an application form and demonstrate evidence of this.
You will be able to submit assignments for assessment at any time to suit you within the one year completion deadline. If you don’t pass on the first occasion, you will receive formative feedback from your assessor so that you know what is required for re-submission. This feedback will be enough to help you change (or add to) your work. There is a strict one year deadline for completion.
This option for your qualification isn't suitable for beginners to coaching as you won't receive day to day support and advice or feedback on drafts of your written work. You will need to be confident in your coaching and self reliant in your learning. You will have the option to 'pay as you go' for additional support if you need it, such as supervision or feedback on draft work (quoted on request).
How quickly can I complete?
You can complete the qualification as quickly as you like - take an accelerated pathway and complete your qualification in just a few weeks (coaching hours permitting), or take longer if you prefer. You are in control of timescales and we can support you.
Summary of the ILM Level 5 Certificate
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 16 credits:
- Unit 8588-500 - Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an Organisational Context 6 credits
- Unit 8588-501 - Undertaking Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context 5 credits. Complete 18 hours of coaching with two or three people. You will also need to arrange 2 hours of coaching supervision with an experienced coach supervisor. We can help you with this (additional costs apply) or you can work with an external supervisor.
- Unit 8588-503 - Reviewing Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context 5 credits
7 reasons to gain your ILM coaching & mentoring qualifications by distance learning with inspired2learn:.
- A dedicated named tutor from our team who is there to guide and advise you (* terms apply)
- A reputable route to accreditation for experienced coaches and mentors
- Choose the exact ILM qualification that is right for you, and personalise your approach to learning
- The flexibility of choosing your own course timescale to fit in with your other commitments
- Competitive prices and instalment payment plans if required
- We have a proven track record of success helping people like you to achieve their ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
- Flexible study - no rigid requirement to log in to e-learning at specific times or complete specific tasks - you are free to choose the study methods and timescales that suit you best.
Get in touch
Choose your ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications below or get in touch directly with firstname.lastname@example.org or call i2L on 01380 609313