ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
A basic package to enable you to achieve your Level 5 coaching and mentoring qualification. This option is only suitable for experienced coaches. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form or find out more.
Pay a small deposit and get started straight away. .
- Start the written work any time
- 1 year to complete
- Access to a tutor by email or phone to ask questions and seek clarification with writing assignments
- Become part of the inspired2learn coaching community for networking and updates
- One year student membership of the AC
- Access to Coaching at Work magazine on line (read only) for 1 year
This is our cheapest and most basic learning package, which is ideal of anyone who is already coaching and has access to learning materials and supervision through their current coaching work and memberships.
You will receive an induction pack to your qualification, plus an initial set up meeting by zoom or phone to help you get started and answer your questions. We will also provide you with an eLearning platform to give you initial learning support with the three units of study. We have designed this package to bring the cost right down for experienced coaches and you will be responsible for sourcing your own coaching supervision, support and learning materials. You will be self-motivated and self-reliant. It is essential that you have prior substantial training in coaching skills and you will be asked to complete an application form and demonstrate evidence of this.
You will be able to submit assignments for assessment at any time to suit you within the one year completion deadline. If you don’t pass on the first occasion, you will receive formative feedback from your assessor so that you know what is required for re-submission. This feedback will be enough to help you change (or add to) your work. There is a strict one year deadline for completion.
This option for your qualification isn't suitable for beginners to coaching as you won't receive day to day support and advice or feedback on drafts of your written work. You will need to be confident in your coaching and self reliant in your learning. You will have the option to 'pay as you go' for additional support if you need it, such as supervision or feedback on draft work (quoted on request).
How quickly can I complete?
You can complete the qualification as quickly as you like - take an accelerated pathway and complete your qualification in just a few weeks (coaching hours permitting), or take longer if you prefer. You are in control of timescales and we can support you.
Summary of the ILM Level 5 Certificate
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 16 credits:
- Unit 8588-500 - Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an Organisational Context 6 credits
- Unit 8588-501 - Undertaking Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context 5 credits. Complete 18 hours of coaching with two or three people. You will also need to arrange 2 hours of coaching supervision with an experienced coach supervisor. We can help you with this (additional costs apply) or you can work with an external supervisor.
- Unit 8588-503 - Reviewing Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context 5 credits
7 reasons to gain your ILM coaching & mentoring qualifications by distance learning with inspired2learn:.
- A dedicated named tutor from our team who is there to guide and advise you (* terms apply)
- A reputable route to accreditation for experienced coaches and mentors
- Choose the exact ILM qualification that is right for you, and personalise your approach to learning
- The flexibility of choosing your own course timescale to fit in with your other commitments
- Competitive prices and instalment payment plans if required
- We have a proven track record of success helping people like you to achieve their ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
- Flexible study - no rigid requirement to log in to e-learning at specific times or complete specific tasks - you are free to choose the study methods and timescales that suit you best.
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM level 5
Your ILM Level 5 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualification costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you study with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for individual EMCC membership.
Get in touch
Choose your ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications below or get in touch directly with email@example.com or call i2L on 01380 609313
Customer Reviews for ILM Level 5 Certificate Effective Coaching and Mentoring - 1 Year basic package
“I would recommend the basic package / self-study option to coaches who already have experience and a network of coaches around them to support through this journey. I would not recommend the basic package to new coaches or those who work independently (unless they have a network of coaches to rely on for support). I found the online resources really useful and the feedback from assignments very helpful. Clare also emailed every few months to see how I was getting on which was very much appreciated”Lucy, September 2021
I have more confidence about using coaching in my role as a manager and in providing to others. I have a better understanding about how the different responsibilities within a coaching relationships work and support each other (coach /coachee / supervisor). Although I was coaching before – I am now leading a much larger team and am contributing to the organisation’s overall coaching and mentoring strategy. I feel better qualified to lead the team responsible for making coaching our preferred management style, and will be leading on embedding coaching conversations across the organisation.Jackie, August 2021
Thanks again for all your help and really valuable training. I honestly couldn’t have done it without you.Marc, January 2021