ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Coaches and Mentors
On line course with plenty of support. Private study and distance learning. Live webinars and a library of over 40 hours of webinar recordings. FREE workshops available later in 2021.
Suitable for beginners to coaching as well as experienced coaches - we adapt our support to your needs.
"i2l were fantastic from first contact to post-qualification engagement. They have been utterly professional throughout. The coaching instructor (Clare Smale) is a true expert in her field and demonstrates this in her approach to coaching you through the course. I learned a huge amount that was not only valuable for coaching and mentoring, but widely applicable in many areas of work and life in general. I'd thoroughly recommend i2l for anyone considering any level of coaching or mentoring qualification." Dave, September 2020
Payment holidays and payment plans are currently available to help you during the current COVID-19 uncertainty - just get in touch.
Pay a deposit of £450 plus 10 Direct Debit instalment or pay everything in one go - start straight away.
Our 2 year support package is designed for learners who would benefit from plenty of time and flexibility in completing their qualification. Enjoy up to two years of unlimited support PLUS FREE and unlimited coaching supervision with i2l (this isn't included in the 1 year option).
Key features: start any time, on line learning, unlimited and flexible tutorial support and supervision, free coaching books and coaching cards, flexible timescales over 2 years to suit your needs, access to extensive on-line learning resources and instalment payment plans on application. Free webinars and access to a library of webinar recordings. Student membership of the Association for Coaching for one year. 4 days of high quality training plus FREE master classes later in 2020. No hidden costs - everything is included. Repeat the training as many times as you like. Regular news and updates about the coaching community.
- Start any time and join FREE workshop dates to suit you later in 2021
- On line learning with plenty of resources
- MOD approved - use Enhanced Learning Credits
- 2 years to complete - no fixed deadlines during this time
- Plenty of personal support with your coaching and the written work
- Diploma in NLP Coaching is included (T&Cs apply)
- Group and individual supervision provided
"Your coaching webinars are fantastic and really helped me to get back to the essence of coaching. Following on from my experience within the online coaching industry (I think it should be renamed as online marketing industry ??) I questioned my skills, my passion for it and the purpose of coaching, but your work and sessions helped me to get back to the heart of why I was passionate about it in the first place and reminded me of the power of real/true coaching ?." Nina, August 2020
ILM executive coaching and mentoring training courses
We offer ILM training courses in coaching and mentoring as distance learning, open enrolment courses and bespoke ILM courses to support companies and organisations. These are suitable for any level of experience.
To create a customised ILM training courses in coaching or mentoring please get in touch with us. You will get a prompt response with impartial and knowledgeable advice.
Summary of the ILM Level 7 Certificate
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 14 credits:
- Unit 8589-700 - Understanding the Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level (5 credits). A theoretical assignment.
- Unit 8589-701 - Undertaking Coaching or Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level - 20 hours (4 credits). Submission of a portfolio log of coaching with two or three senior strategic leaders. You will also need to arrange 4 hours of coaching supervision with an experienced coach supervisor. We can help you with this (additional costs apply) or you can work with an external supervisor.
- Unit 8589-703 - Reflecting on Your Ability to Perform Effectively as a Coach or Mentor at an Executive or Senior Level (5 credits). Submission of a reflective portfolio.
Distance learning for ILM Executive Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
If you are already an experienced coach, here are the top 9 reasons to gain your ILM coaching & mentoring qualifications by distance learning with inspired2learn:
1. You will receive expert tutorial support from a qualified, experienced and practising coach
2. You will receive unlimited*, prompt and expert tutorial support every step of the way, via telephone, e-mail and/or Zoom. You will have a dedicated named tutor from our team who is there to guide and advise you (* terms apply)
3. This is a reputable route to accreditation for both beginners and experienced coaches and mentors
4. You can choose the exact ILM qualification that is right for you, and personalise your approach to learning
5. You have the option to add FREE workshop to increase your coaching skills and knowledge - available later in 2020
6. You will have the flexibility of choosing your own course timescale to fit in with your other commitments
7. Competitive prices and instalment payment plans if required
8. We have a proven track record of success helping people like you to achieve their ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
9. Flexible study - plenty of on line support materials - no rigid requirement to log in to e-learning at specific times or complete specific tasks - you are free to choose the study methods and timescales that suit you best.
View our ILM reviews
Alumni and some current ILM students
The brief examples below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate. Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools and are qualifying to coach school managers as part of the CoachMark process
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy. Laura is a senior manager in another large law firm in central London, responsible for the large team of legal secretaries.
- Mark, Darren, Glen, Paul and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns.
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
ELCAS Funded ILM Qualifications
Use your 'Enhanced Learning Credits' to boost your career. Inspired2learn are proud to be an approved ELCAS supplier assisting HM Forces personnel wanting help with high quality resettlement training and qualifications for career transition into civilian life
View more about ELCAS training courses
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM level 7
Your ILM Level 7 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at senior practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualification costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you study with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for individual EMCC membership.
Get in touch
Choose your ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications below or get in touch directly with email@example.com or call i2L on 01380 609313
Customer Reviews for ILM Level 7 Certificate Executive and Senior Coaches and Mentors -2 year package including coach supervision
i2l were fantastic from first contact to post-qualification engagement. They have been utterly professional throughout. The coaching instructor (Clare Smale) is a true expert in her field and demonstrates this in her approach to coaching you through the course. I learned a huge amount that was not only valuable for coaching and mentoring, but widely applicable in many areas of work and life in general. I'd thoroughly recommend i2l for anyone considering any level of coaching or mentoring qualification.Dave, September 2020
I love the way you are so passionate about your work and your own development. You are an inspiring role model :-) Your business statement reads really well and captures the essence of what you do beautifully. It certainly resonates with my experience as a student with you.Eva July 2020
What a journey and you have been amazing, so thank you so much for all your guidance and support. I was just reminded when I met Barrie with a broken arm in the summer of 2017 where he suggested I do the course – I would never have believed I would actually get there, lol!!! Many thanks, will have to think how to celebrate!!!Penny, June 2020
Could not have done it without you - thank you for all your support. You have been amazing!!!!!Debbie, July 2020
Thanks again for all the help and support over the last 2 years. I’ve learned a huge amount about a variety of different areas and it’s got me interested in lots of new things. It’s been more than a coaching qualification, it’s helped me reframe a whole load of things about life, all for the better. I feel I’m just about getting to be consciously incompetent in many areas, but it’s great to be learning a new skill.Dave, April 2020
Loved everything about the training, the group, Clare’s leadership and guidance of the sessions. Have learnt so much and have so many techniques to use now. Compared notes with a colleague who has been doing her training through our organisation and she is gutted! She said they have just flogged GROW to death with no additional techniques to use alongside it! So fired up!!Sally H
Thanks for the amazing training. Gave up trying to back to sleep at 5 am this morning and have got up to get started on my coaching work. Please take that as the highest compliment ever.Sally, Swindon
An excellent coaching supervisor and superb training deliverer, Clare’s commitment has been outstanding and her support and advice through my ILM Level 7 Coaching and Mentoring qualification has been first class. She is so enthusiastic and passionate about what she does and with lots of experience my training group have learnt so much from her and grown as coaches. Her training sessions are really fun and informative, and allow us to explore different tool and techniques as coaches. And they are highly interactive. I have recommended her and Inspired2Learn to so many people, not just those like myself who are military and can used their Enhanced Learning Credits, but to lots of others too.Suzi, Bristol
As a student of Clare’s I have received the benefit of her in depth knowledge of executive coaching and observed her in action. Even when supporting me with an assignment, her coaching skills came into their own to support me with my thinking! Clare is a very competent, collaborative and adaptable coach who demonstrates a strong moral compass, walks the talk and focusses on the achievement of required outcomes as part of her coaching practice.Sarah, Winchester