ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Coaches and Mentors
Price £2250 plus VAT
On line course with plenty of support. Distance learning and supported private study. Live webinars and a library of over 100 hours of webinar recordings. A personal tutor available by Zoom and phone.
Suitable for beginners to coaching as well as experienced coaches - we adapt our support to your needs.
"i2l were fantastic from first contact to post-qualification engagement. They have been utterly professional throughout. The coaching instructor (Clare Smale) is a true expert in her field and demonstrates this in her approach to coaching you through the course. I learned a huge amount that was not only valuable for coaching and mentoring, but widely applicable in many areas of work and life in general. I'd thoroughly recommend i2l for anyone considering any level of coaching or mentoring qualification." Dave, September 2020
"All I can say is that the experience and the support has been excellent. Clare you have been great in terms of always being there for your clients, so responsive and really caring that we do well." Andrew, September 2020
"I would just like to thank you for all your support throughout the ILM L7 coaching qualification. I found the webinars really helpful and allowed me to connect with learners at a time I was feeling isolated. Your responsiveness to assignment submissions was a huge source of motivation and kept the momentum going. I can’t recommend I2L enough and am hugely grateful that I chose you for this qualification. Everything has been very smooth and supportive, and I feel I have learned a lot from both the theory and the coaching hours and reflective learning. I do struggle with self study and theory, but found with I2L there was a helpful set of resources and templates available, as well as physical support, so this minimised the issues I find with self study. I now have clarity on the distinctions between coaching and mentoring, and a language and set of tools I didn’t have before. I have a deeper experience and am better able to articulate my feelings about coaching. I am also more aware of the need and value of supervision, co-coaching and continual learning, as well as the professional bodies, ethics and competencies. I am able to market myself differently and coach with more confidence." Michael November 2020
'The support has been absolutely sublime'. Steve, December 2020
Payment plans are currently available to help you during the current COVID-19 uncertainty - just get in touch.
Key features: start any time, unlimited tutorial support for one year, free coaching books and coaching cards, access to extensive on-line learning resources, AC student membership for one year. Free webinars and access to a huge library of webinar recordings.
- Start any time - no need to wait
- On line learning with plenty of personal support by phone and Zoom
- Plenty of resources, including books
- MOD approved - use Enhanced Learning Credits
- Plenty of personal support with your coaching and the written work.
- The option to extend completion timescales (additional charges will apply)
- Coach supervision included, either with a group (6 hours) or 1:1 (4 hours)
- Co-coaching triads available for peer support and feedback
- Diploma in NLP Coaching is included (T&Cs apply)
- Totem student discount card
"Thank you for another great ILM L7 workshop. You really are a gifted teacher. I always love the drive up and back to your sessions because I know I’ll walk out inspired." Vanessa, December 2019
"The fact you turn draft assignment work around so quickly really helps to keep the motivation high and I’ve enjoyed it much more than I expected considering my learning style is high on active experimentation and low on theory! I’ve found it all really interesting and learned so much, and I feel much more confident now about being able to manage a conversation with a pure theorist who likes to challenge, which was one of my goals at the outset." Mark July 2020
How quickly can I complete?
You can complete the qualification as quickly as you like - take an accelerated pathway and complete your qualification in just a few weeks (coaching hours permitting), or take longer if you prefer. You are in control of timescales and we can support you.
ILM executive coaching and mentoring training courses
We offer ILM training courses in coaching and mentoring as distance learning, open enrolment courses and bespoke ILM courses to support companies and organisations. These are suitable for any level of experience.
To create a customised ILM training courses in coaching or mentoring please get in touch with us. You will get a prompt response with impartial and knowledgeable advice.
Summary of the ILM Level 7 Certificate
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 14 credits:
- Unit 8589-700 - Understanding the Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level (5 credits). A theoretical assignment.
- Unit 8589-701 - Undertaking Coaching or Mentoring at an Executive or Senior Level - 20 hours (4 credits). Submission of a portfolio log of coaching with two or three senior strategic leaders. You will also need to arrange 4 hours of coaching supervision with an experienced coach supervisor. We can help you with this (additional costs apply) or you can work with an external supervisor.
- Unit 8589-703 - Reflecting on Your Ability to Perform Effectively as a Coach or Mentor at an Executive or Senior Level (5 credits). Submission of a reflective portfolio.
On line learning for ILM Executive Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
Here are the top 9 reasons to gain your ILM coaching & mentoring qualifications by distance learning with inspired2learn:
1. You will receive perosnalised and expert tutorial support from a qualified, experienced and practising coach
2. You will receive unlimited*, prompt and expert tutorial support every step of the way, via telephone, e-mail and/or Zoom. You will have a dedicated named tutor from our team who is there to guide and advise you (* terms apply)
3. This is a reputable route to accreditation for both beginners and experienced coaches and mentors
4. You can choose the exact ILM qualification that is right for you, and personalise your approach to learning
5. You should have the option to add FREE workshop days in Wiltshire later in 2021
6. You will have the flexibility of choosing your own course timescale to fit in with your other commitments
7. A choice of group or 1:1 coaching supervision with our team of specialist and experienced supervisors
8. We have a proven track record of success helping people like you to achieve their ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
9. Flexible study - plenty of on line support materials - no rigid requirement to log in to e-learning at specific times or complete specific tasks - you are free to choose the study methods and timescales that suit you best.
View our ILM reviews
Alumni and some current ILM students
The brief examples below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate. Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools and are qualifying to coach school managers as part of the CoachMark process
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy. Laura is a senior manager in another large law firm in central London, responsible for the large team of legal secretaries.
- Mark, Darren, Glen, Paul and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns.
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
ELCAS Funded ILM Qualifications
Use your 'Enhanced Learning Credits' to boost your career. Inspired2learn are proud to be an approved ELCAS supplier assisting HM Forces personnel wanting help with high quality resettlement training and qualifications for career transition into civilian life
View more about ELCAS training courses
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM level 7
Your ILM Level 7 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at senior practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualification costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you study with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for individual EMCC membership.
Get in touch
Choose your ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications below or get in touch directly with firstname.lastname@example.org or call i2L on 01380 609313
Our coaching and mentoring qualification clients include:
Customer Reviews for ILM Level 7 Certificate Executive and Senior Coaches and Mentors - One year course
This qualification has provided me with a wealth of new knowledge, skills and understanding. Whilst I already had a good theoretical knowledge of coaching, I have learned a considerable amount in respect of systemic coaching, NLP and coach supervision. Perhaps the most significant learning for me has been in the practical application of my learning and the deep reflections that have followed each of my coaching sessions. This course has provided me with opportunities to hone my coaching skills, behaviours and knowledge and to grow in confidence in respect of my coaching abilities. As a result of undertaking this qualification, I believe I will be able to add value to my organisation through the tutoring and supervision that I offer to my students in the field of coaching & mentoring and through adopting a more confident and competent coaching approach to my leadership role. I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and have found the I2L learning resources and webinars incredibly helpful and engaging. I only wish that I had been able to engage with the webinars in real time and to be able, therefore, to participate in the breakout room discussions with fellow learners. I also really valued the opportunity to record myself in action and to have tutor/observer feedback on my practice – the feedback that was provided was supportive, extensive and insightful and offered some helpful ways in which I could develop my practice further and challenge myself. This was exactly what I needed. Thank you!Alison, June 2021
"Clare and i2L have been a fantastic organisation with whom to undertake my ILM level 7 certificate. From the very first “exploratory” phone call, I had with Clare, she was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable. I have never felt that anything was too much to ask, and she really supported my learning at every step. The advent of COVID meant that i2L had to adapt how the face-to-face teaching element of the course needed to be delivered, this was implemented swiftly, and all of the webinars have been an excellent substitute. (I think you could charge more for the outside learners). I found the i2L web-based resources very useful. I found all of the e mail support sharing tips and resources valuable. Clare has encouraged networking and peer support, which I have found really useful. The group coaching supervision was also excellent, and I found it both challenging and supportive. It has been hard work, but very well worth the effort. I think that the learning package you deliver is great value for money, and you go above and beyond to support your learners. Thank you so much!"Lucinda, June 2021
The fact you turn draft assignments and feedback around so quickly really helps to keep the motivation high and I’ve enjoyed it much more than I expected considering my learning style is high on active experimentation and low on theory! I’ve found it all really interesting and learned so much, and I feel much more confident now about being able to manage a conversation with a pure theorist who likes to challenge, which was one of my goals at the outset.Mark, July 2020
Your webinars are really awesome and my learning is taking hold as I’m revisiting with you. Thanks so much to i2l for the incredible learner support. I’ve never felt like here’s your material, good luck with it all now.Vanessa, Bristol 2020
I feel in such safe hands and totally supported with Clare, something I appreciate and will never forget… I would have never done it with anyone else that’s for sure!Penny, May 2020
I am delighted to have been offered a job as Head of Talent Management If I had not started the ILM Level 7 Coaching qualification journey, this door would have never been opened…………………!Paul W. Milton Keynes
The programme has exceeded my expectations. I found it has really helped me begin my new career and I found it fascinating to explore the wide range of issues that impact upon successful executive coaching and develop my practice. The assignments and the support offered worked in sync to further my understanding and I have enjoyed making links between the various aspects of the course. My theoretical understanding has developed rapidly through the research for the units and how I have applied it to my practice. My planning and evaluation of coaching programmes has developed effectively by understanding the theoretical basis. My use of a range of coaching tools has become more confident and I am able to decide on which tool to deploy at appropriate times. The theoretical work and work with peers have improved my practise in this respect and I can see the positive impact upon my coachees. Taking part in the qualification has led me to access a wide range of additional learning opportunities beyond the course that I would not have been aware of – through networks and membership of the AFC.JW, October 2019
Thanks Clare and Inspired2learn for enabling me to successfully pass my ILM Level 7 coaching certificate. I have learnt so much thanks to your excellent teaching, guidance, supervision and support. Attending the workshops at the start of my course really got me engaged and built my confidence and I met great people who have also been a real support. The materials you provided to support my learning and assignments are excellent; I’ll continue to use them. Your personal care and attention has made me feel very fortunate to have found your training provision. Thanks very much for everything.John W, Derbyshire, October 2019
"The programme exceeded my objectives. It delivered a terrific balance between theory and pragmatism. The tutor kept us healthily engaged throughout and always offered opportunities to further our own learning or pass on the output from recent seminars that she had attended. The best thing about this course was the way in which it was run. I work for myself. The programme has provided me with both the knowledge and the confidence to approach any business with a coaching offer. Friendly, informative, challenging and all with excellent support in place. Thank you"William, September 2019
The L7 Certificate is really challenging me to develop my thinking and consider different perspectives at a deeper level. I think I’m just about becoming consciously incompetent! It really helps having a lot of good reference material on your website - it saves time and prevents me trawling through the piles of lower quality material in the net. Thank you!Dave, September 2019
"I went to a networking workshop event with another provider last week and it became apparent that we receive far more support from Clare at inspired2learn than other students who are studying for ILM 5 and ILM 7 with alternative providers – so a huge thank you, Clare. One of the workshops was an introduction to NLP and again, it became clear that we had much more NLP input from Clare's workshops."Bill M
Thank you very much for the first day of the ILM Level 7 Cert Coaching Course. It was a terrific day and I certainly learned a great deal. It was also fun and I enjoyed meeting the rest of the team. Lots to consider!!Bill
Thanks for a fascinating day last Thursday - I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a slight tendency towards cynicism (something I am trying to self-coach out…) but immediately bought into you and the session. Lots of practical advice which was just what I was after. Thanks for the books also - I’m thoroughly enjoying John Whitmore’s book and am wondering what took me so long to read it?!Mike, Wiltshire
I am really appreciating the speedy response to queries and the iterative approach to assignment writing. I appreciate the flexibility of the learning and support approach which feels very personal to my circumstancesJoy, Derbyshire