ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
On line course with plenty of support. Free workshops later in 2021.
Suitable for beginners to coaching as well as experienced coaches - we adapt our support to your needs.
Payment holidays and payment plans are currently available to help you during the current COVID-19 uncertainty - just get in touch.
Pay a deposit of £299 plus 10 Direct Debit instalment or pay everything in one go - start straight away.
Our 2 year package is designed for learners who would benefit from more time and flexibility in completing their qualification. Enjoy up to two years of unlimited support PLUS FREE and unlimited coaching supervision with i2l.
Key features: start any time, unlimited tutorial support and coach supervision, AC student membership, free coaching books and coaching cards, flexible timescales to suit your needs, access to extensive on-line learning resources and instalment payment plans on application. Free webinars and access to a library of over 40 hours of webinar recordings.
- Start the written work any time and join workshop dates to suit you
- free books - paperback or sent direct to your Kindle
- on line learning materials plus a flexible e-learning platform
- MOD approval pending - use Enhanced Learning Credits
- 2 years to complete
- Diploma in NLP Coaching is included if you attend our 4 day training course (T&Cs apply)
- Group and individual supervision
"Your coaching webinars are fantastic and really helped me to get back to the essence of coaching. Following on from my experience within the online coaching industry (I think it should be renamed as online marketing industry ??) I questioned my skills, my passion for it and the purpose of coaching, but your work and sessions helped me to get back to the heart of why I was passionate about it in the first place and reminded me of the power of real/true coaching ?." Nina, August 2020
ILM coaching and mentoring training courses
We offer ILM training courses in coaching and mentoring as on line distance learning. We also regularly run open enrolment courses for individuals as well as bespoke ILM courses to support companies and organisations. These are suitable for any level of experience. Our courses can be with or without accreditation. So if you would like us to create custom ILM training courses in coaching and mentoring please get in touch with us. You will get a prompt response with impartial and knowledgeable advice.
"Thank you for delivering a fantastic, engaging enlightening, no nonsense and thought provoking 2 day workshop. I honestly mean it. I thought it was excellent. In terms of a learning experience I couldn't fault it. The pacing, content, tone and environment you created was so conducive to learning. I learnt SO much and equally as important I have been inspired to want to learn more. You made me feel comfortable outside my comfort zone!! It was great to be with such lovely and interesting people as well. PS. My 80s T Shirt .... "Be the best version of me"..... I don't think I've been it for a while and the last 2 days have genuinely been a call to action for me to be that person again. Thank you" Richard, May 2019
ILM Level 5 Certificate
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 16 credits:
- Unit 8588-500 - Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an Organisational Context 6 credits
- Unit 8588-501 - Undertaking Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context 5 credits
- Unit 8588-503 - Reviewing Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context 5 credits
10 reasons to gain your ILM coaching & mentoring qualifications by distance learning with inspired2learn:
- Receive expert tutorial and coaching supervision from a qualified, experienced and practising coach
- Receive unlimited*, prompt and expert tutorial support every step of the way, via telephone, e-mail and/or SKYPE.
- A dedicated named tutor from our team who is there to guide and advise you (* terms apply)
- A reputable route to accreditation for both beginners and experienced coaches and mentors
- Choose the exact ILM qualification that is right for you, and personalise your approach to learning
- FREE workshop days in Wiltshire venues to increase your coaching skills and knowledge
- The flexibility of choosing your own course timescale to fit in with your other commitments
- Competitive prices and instalment payment plans if required
- We have a proven track record of success helping people like you to achieve their ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualifications
- Flexible study - plenty of on line support materials - no rigid requirement to log in to e-learning at specific times or complete specific tasks - you are free to choose the study methods and timescales that suit you best.
Alumni and some current ILM students
The brief examples below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate. Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator.
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company.
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority.
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools and are qualifying to coach school managers as part of the CoachMark process
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy. Laura is a senior manager in another large law firm in central London, responsible for the large team of legal secretaries.
- Mark, Darren, Glen, Paul and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
ELCAS Funded ILM Qualifications
Use your 'Enhanced Learning Credits' to boost your career. Inspired2learn are proud to be an approved ELCAS supplier assisting HM Forces personnel wanting help with high quality resettlement training and qualifications for career transition into civilian life
View more about ELCAS training courses
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM level 5
Your ILM Level 5 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualification costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you study with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for individual EMCC membership.
Get in touch
Choose your ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications below or get in touch directly with email@example.com or call i2L on 01380 609313
Customer Reviews for ILM Level 5 Certificate Level 5 Certificate 2 year package
So pleased to receive such great feedback from you after a bit of a shaky start! I'm really pleased to make such a strong finish on the written assignments. I will miss the assignments as I really enjoyed writing them and researching and learningEleanore, August 2020
I enjoyed all of the interactive workshops I attended as part of my ILM level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring. There was great support and knowledge from Clare, and a real sense of being ‘in it together’ from the learning group. This continued through writing assignments and diaries with quick and helpful support and guidance from Clare. I didn’t feel under negative pressure when my final assignment wasn’t completed as promptly as I’d hoped, but received gentle reminders and offers of support from Clare which made me find my motivation and get on with it (rather hiding, thinking it was too late!). Thank you.Kelly H, April 2020
Clare's lessons are inspiring and packed full of information and insight. She is supportive and encouraging and also challenging where she needs to be. I have learnt so much from attending the formal learning sessions and more importantly from the follow ups by email, website and other shared up to date and relevant information about coaching, new studies, shared practice etc. Clare ensures that even as a distance learning student I'm kept in the loop with information and updates.Jackie, Bath
Quality workshops - great mix between theory, bringing the models alive and practical learning. I would encourage a greater focus on these workshops and less on assignments.Tom, independent coach and consultant 2019
Clare has been supportive, endlessly patient and knowledgeable - thanks!Anthony, independent coach and consultant 2019
Clare's knowledge and passion comes flooding through - so much covered in a relaxed and supportive environment. Some of the best training I've ever done.Andrew, University of Bath
Clare is a fantastic and engaging trainer. I feel equipped to undertake coaching sessions which will have an impact. The balance of theory and practice was perfect for me. Overall a great learning experience, thank you!Jo, Nationwide Building Society 2019
The workshops for the ILM Level 5 coaching course are rich learning experiences where quality content is presented in a fun environmentEd, Univeristy of Bath 2019
A great mix of people on the four training days, a positive learning environment and a lot of information packed in. Great value and really helpful support - RichardRichard, University of Bath 2019
This has been a most interesting and enjoyable course; I would thoroughly recommend a coaching qualification as another skill to have either within the Armed Forces, or in civilian leadership and management roles. Clare has been very supportive throughout the course with the distance learning and the four days of coaching training delivered by Clare were also excellent. I highly recommend Inspired2Learn as a training provider!James, British Army
“I really enjoyed the 4 days spent with Clare and our wonderful cohort. Clare is full of knowledge and experience that will benefit any coach regardless of the amount of experience you have. The course was full of amazing content and kept us engaged and thinking from the moment the course started to the moment it finished. The course was an ideal mix of theoretical explanation, practical application of tools and models together with the invaluable advice that Clare can offer you. Cannot compliment Inspired2learn enough”Steve, January 2019
Clare has been an amazing support and inspirational coach. I have learnt so much from her and wish I had begun my coaching journey and ILM coaching qualification at the start rather than the end of my career.Jan, 2019
Thank you Clare for all your help; I would not have been able to do it without your consistent help and guidance. You have always been there and I will always promote you as you are terrific. Thank you xxxxSharon Cloude, December 2018
Thank you for making the start of the ILM Level 7 Coaching course so engaging. I’m grateful for your interest in me as a learner and your openness which makes me feel reassured in starting the course.John Wilkinson
I must start by thanking you for the fantastic coaching skills workshop last week. I learnt so much and have so much more confidence to crack on with my own coaching sessions. I start this Friday with a chap from work, I'm so pleased to be moving forwards and I am really excited for the next class room days coming up. I also have a better vision of how I will use my new skills, knowledge and qualification for my business, I hadn't been able to peace it together but I can now see a path for my journey and that is very exciting.Gina, Wiltshire
The first training day of my ILM Level 5 Coaching course was eye opening – I am in the army and it was very beneficial to experiences the different backgrounds and perspectives of the other delegates. I hadn't realised there were so many variations in coaching and styles of coaching. For my learning it was good to have the variety of people that were non-military.Cliff, Germany
Doing my coaching qualification with i2l has been profound and potentially life changing. I hadn't expected this to be the case. The training days opened my eyes to a different style of managing my team which was an unexpected bonus of doing the ILM Level 5 coaching qualification. I am now ensuring that my team receive coaching from someone else in my organisation and I want to use the change in culture in my team to shift culture and leadership styles more widely where I work.Jonny
Thank you very much for a very inspiring, energising course and encouraging a great group experience. Very excited and very glad I came to your course.Karina, Bath
Many thanks for a great day. Your enthusiasm and knowledge are very clear and it was a real joy to meet so many interesting and very different people as well as a few familiar faces. Lots of food for thought so now I just need to find a bit of time for reflection and consolidation of my notes and takeaways.Suzi, Andover
I wanted to share how useful it has been for me to be able ping an email over to Clare attaching drafts of assignments / diary notes. Clare is great at commenting / pointing you in the right direction. I have found her support really useful, especially in terms of completing the coaching diary. Clare's comments and questions have helped me to consider further afield than I was perhaps looking and this has assisted me immensely with the diary completion, likewise with a couple of the assignments. Sharing info with Clare has been an extremely useful exercise and she is a great point of contact / support.Giselle, Bristol
"I am feeling very excited about coaching and what it can do. I came away from my first coaching session this morning knowing that it had made an impact, my coachee was transformed in his thinking and committed to doing something by this time next week. I sat and made notes afterwards as you suggested and this has helped me to really focus on where I need to improve for the next one. Thank you for your training and support, and thank you for starting me off on this incredible journey!"Ann, Bath Spa Univeristy
A HUGE thank you to you for your support with the assignments over the years!!!! I'm a much a better coach as a result of your assignment input and supervision - just wished I'd had the time to have had more supervision from you. Also a MASSIVE thank you for contacting your network to offer my free coaching services once I left the Council to get in more coaching hours. My ability to focus my time fully on my clients and reflecting on the session, has also definitely helped me become a much better coach. I should also say I found your book really great and your courses very helpful.Catriona, January 2017
After the first day of training I have learnt some initial techniques and I better understand the coaching spectrum. I am now going to be less directive at work and start asking more questions. I have a better idea about coaching principles, practices and fundamentals. The reason that I have given 4 stars and not 5, is that I would have personally preferred faster progress to more advanced tools, although I am aware that wouldn't have suited the majority of the learning group today.Andrew
There is only one thing I would improve about inspired2learn's coaching course - a shorter lunch so that we can do even more in the afternoon! I loved the practical coaching tools that we were taught and I am definitely going to have a go at them at work.Helen
After my first workshop day I felt I had much better knowledge of tools and templates for coaching. i enjoyed being able to practice coaching with other attendees and I am going to start coaching more at work with my team, especially using coaching questions informally.Heidi
I've taken part in an in-house training programme with inspired2learn (4 workshop days), working towards the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring. I've really enjoyed the workshops and every moment of the learning. The insight into NLP sub-modalities was brilliant and I've got many more coaching tools available to me from doing the course.Glenn
Clare, we have had amazingly positive feedback for your morning session. REALLY good and such fun and great learning. All in all very successful and people clearly went away inspired. Yes they were a lovely group, but generally I think our people always respond well to these types of events if they are treated like intelligent adults, where their thinking is stretched and its fun too….….so a BIG thank you.Learning and Development Manager in a local authority
I decided to do the inspired2learn Coaching and Mentoring qualification to formalise what I was already doing as part of my job. I was quite nervous about formal study having not done any for over 25 years, but Clare made it all seem quite doable. The great thing about the qualification was that I got to study the theory as well as evidence actual coaching practice. And I have also found that the theory has been useful in my job, having recently worked with a colleague to set up practical work-based mentoring within our department. Throughout the learning process, Clare’s support and that of my colleagues also studying for the same qualification, was invaluable.Sarah
The qualification can be quite daunting to fit in when you're in a demanding job and your private time is precious. However inspired2learn have been very receptive, pragmatic and flexible in enabling us to develop our coaching ability and complete the Level 5 qualification in the most efficient manner. They've also been constantly available and on hand with support and guidance. Many thanks.Barry
I am currently studying for the Level 5 Certificate in coaching with Inspried2learn and I have found the level of support and information incredibly helpful. I work full time, so it is a challenge to fit the study in, however I am supported by my organisation and by Inspired2learn throughout this process. Clare Smale is inspiring – she has a vast amount of knowledge and the training is delivered in a clear and enthusiastic way which left me feeling excited about the challenges ahead. Clare makes herself available all the time to us and is happy to tutor through assignments to help me reach my goal. I would recommend Inspired2learn to anyone looking to take the next step in professional qualifications in coaching.Helen Kennedy, Head of Media Services, Wiltshire Police
I am so pleased I chose to study with Inspired2learn, this is what I love about them so far: • Always prompt contact from initial sign up onto the qualification to mid-assignment feedback, I never have to wait which really makes me feel supported and valued. • Knowledge, experience and passion – coaching is clearly a way of life for Clare and she brings so much to my learning by challenging me and offering me a new perspective. Her love of the subject is infectious and it makes me want to be the best coach I can be. • The practical stuff – useful website and resource, extra workshops, insight and experience, really clear information to help with submissions and step by steps on completing diaries. This has made studying alone at home go as smoothly as possible and also an enjoyable experience. • Ongoing support – I never feel like I am being a pain by emailing or calling, when they say they are here for you they actually mean it!Sarah
Not being a very diligent student I found the support from Inspired2learn really important to keep me motivated and on track when I embarked on my Coaching Level 5 Certificate. I was really nervous about it and wasn’t confident that I would be able to complete it. I didn’t always find the unit descriptions and criteria easy to understand in terms of what I needed to provide evidence of and Clare always found a way to explain them to me in a way that made immediate sense. Her feedback on areas where I needed more evidence was always done in a clear and sensitive way. She encouraged me when I needed a boost of confidence. She always responded promptly to queries and questions. Overall, working in “partnership” with Inspired2Learn (that’s what it felt like) it turned out to be a positive and worthwhile learning and development experience for me……skills that I have used time and time again in my management role but also in my OD role for the Council.Chantal