A - Z Coaching and Mentoring - This week's extract explores Active Listening with some top tips for improving it in practice.
Don't forget if you have a special request for a definition of a coaching term or principle, just let us know! Perfect for anyone studying for an ILM Coaching & Mentoring qualification, or as a refresher for experienced coaches.
Organisational barriers: ?
- Culture of poor or limited staff development ?
- Coaching not seen as a priority ?
- Low level of coaching skills ?
- Low level of resources and budgets ?
- Lack of time or time pressures ?
- Limited understanding of its value ?
- Resistance from senior management ?
- Transactional rather than transformational culture ?
- Lack of integration and a hit and miss approach ?
- A poor performance focus rather than an excellence focus
Operational barriers: ?
- Shift patterns ?
- Multiple site working and remote working ?
- Standardisation of models, recording and reporting – not enough or too much.
Taken from the A-Z Coaching Handbook by Clare Smale where you will find a comprehensive A-Z, plus a full list of references.