Coaching is a practical leadership and management discipline that allows managers to unleash potential and transform business performance.
Coaching uses one-to-one conversations and guided questioning to unlock inner potential. It helps managers deal with change and find solutions to business problems using their own resources, and is an effective way of creating a high performance culture in your organisation.
Why achieve an ILM coaching and mentoring qualification?
ILM asked learning and development professionals in 250 large organisations about the results of their business coaching programmes. Almost all said that coaching as a development tool benefited both individuals and organisations.
- 95% of learning and development managers say that coaching has delivered tangible benefits to their business
- 90% of organisations with over 2,000 employees use business coaching
More and more organisations are using coaching as part of their learning & development. External and internal coaches who have demonstrated the commitment to get qualified are in increasing demand.
Specific benefits of achieving a qualification:
- active demonstration of continual professional development
- demonstration of possesing a modern and relevant skillset in the workplace
- increased credibility to potential clients and recruiters
- increased confidence through learning a range of coaching skills and techniques
- professional recognition
- personal reward