Privacy and Data Policy inspired2learn
This policy covers all data handled by i2l Ltd and i2l partnership, trading as inspired2learn.
This policy covers any information which relates directly or can be linked directly to you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. This includes your name, phone number, email address, photographs, genetic and economic data.
I2l is privacy conscious we are strongly committed to your right to privacy. Your data will be
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
At inspired2learn, maintaining the security of your data is a priority and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Inspired2learn is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data
- what personal data we collect
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Inspired2learn uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Inspired2learn uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
Inspired2learn aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting us via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include the Chartered Management Institute and ILM (the awarding bodies for the qualifications we offer) plus associates who are part of our tutoring, assessment and training team.
For ILM privacy and data policies please follow this link: ILM privacy
We only allow our associates to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on our associates relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to inspired2learn and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our associates, inspired2learn will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes. We may share your data with:
- our two awarding bodies (the Chartered Management Institute and ILM)
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so
to comply with our legal obligations
to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Inspired2learn may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your password(s)
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with inspired2learn
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Your personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an account on our website or send an email to our team. We may also collect personal data from third parties (such as the CMI or ILM) who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Inspired2learn is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Your data will be stored and backed up in our secure Microsoft SharePoint folders. We have a supply and service contract with Excalibur Communications, Swindon, Wiltshire for the maintenance and security of our Microsoft SharePoint system. If we are informed of a data breach we will inform the Information Commissioners Office (and yourself if your data is involved) within 72 hours.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office - Registration number: Z9647717
Our security measures include:
- regular planning and management to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents
- security controls which protect the inspired2learn infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10)
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for inspired2learn processing customer personal data
I2l collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of inspired2learn, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers, including registration on qualifications accredited by the CMI and ILM
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- managing insurance claims by customers
- protecting inspired2learn, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to i2l
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against i2l
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how inspired2learn uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01380 609313
- e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us at: inspired2learn, 25 Davies Drive, Devizes SN10 2RJ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.