ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Coaching & Mentoring
Call 01380 609313
Discounts and payment plans are currently available - just get in touch.
You can start your ILM Level 5 qualifications straight away with unlimited support from your personal tutor.
"Clare has been absolutely fantastic, forever patient, a trusted and reliable guide. I will forever be grateful for her belief in me to complete this course, when I was seriously doubting myself at times. Clare is a model coach and a great tutor. I have learned a skill that I thought I would never have. I have a very thorough understanding of coaching and all it’s attributes, but also a good understanding and confidence of where and how to find out an awful lot more about things. The programme was probably a lot more involved and time consuming that I had anticipated, but thoroughly fulfilling and satisfying to complete." Ben, January 2021
“I really enjoyed the 4 days spent with Clare and our wonderful cohort. Clare is full of knowledge and experience that will benefit any coach regardless of the amount of experience you have. The course was full of amazing content and kept us engaged and thinking from the moment the course started to the moment it finished. The course was an ideal mix of theoretical explanation, practical application of tools and models together with the invaluable advice that Clare can offer you. Cannot compliment Inspired2learn enough”. Steve January 2019
"Thank you for delivering a fantastic, engaging enlightening, no nonsense and thought provoking 2 day workshop. I honestly mean it. I thought it was excellent. In terms of a learning experience I couldn't fault it. The pacing, content, tone and environment you created was so conducive to learning. I learnt SO much and equally as important I have been inspired to want to learn more. You made me feel comfortable outside my comfort zone!! Thank you". Richard May 2019
Benefits of ILM Level 5 - Coaching and Mentoring
- Get started straight away
- On line learning plus FREE optional workshops
- A wealth of learning materials, inclduign books
- FREE membership of the Association for Coaching for one year
- Complimentary copy of Clare Smale's Coaching Cards and her A-Z Handbook of Coaching
- Two further published texts
- Face to face workshops with like-minded people
- Flexible assignment deadlines to fit your busy schedule
- Unlimited support and coaching supervision
- Personal tutor to guide you throughout
- The option to upgrade to a Level 5 Diploma from the Certificate level
- Option to pay by instalments
- ELCAS approved
- Diploma in NLP Coaching is included (T&Cs apply)
Our ambition is to be the most well-regarded and reputable provider of ILM coaching qualifications in the UK. We are ethical and authentic in our support for coaches and the coaching profession. We love sharing our experience, knowledge and enthusiasm for coaching and we care about the outcomes and experiences of our clients and learners. We offer high quality teaching, experience of a wide variety of coaching models, approaches and resources, plus plenty of advice and support. At inspired2learn we are fully invested in our own CPD and learning and we continually seek opportunities to broaden our depth of knowledge and experience so that we can be at our best to support you. As a learner on a coaching programme with us, you will be able to experience a variety of tools, techniques and methodologies and then decide what suits your style, context and clients. We will support you to be the best coach you want to be (ethically and professionally), rather than insist on a 'right way' We promote the work of all the professional coaching bodies in the UK and are truly independent. inspired2learn is a training provider member of the AC and Clare is individually accredited with the EMCC as a Supervisor and Master Practitioner coach.
Choosing ILM Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring courses and costs
Payment – you have the option to pay the full fee in advance or set up a payment plan with i2L.
What are ILM Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring qualifications?
Level 5 coaching and mentoring qualifications are designed for anyone who wants to coach / mentor at any level, including managers, HR specialists, trainers and freelance coaches. There are two options - Certificate and Diploma.
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring - 16 credits. This certificate requires 18 hours of practical coaching at senior management or executive level + 3 written assignments.
How are ILM Level 5 Certificate courses structured?
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 16 credits:
ILM Level 5 Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
ILM Level 5 Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring - 38 credits. This diploma requires 57 hours of practical coaching at senior management or executive level + the 3 written assignments detailed above in the Certificate qualification.
Complete three mandatory units to achieve 38 credits:
Which coaching and mentoring qualification is right for you?
The range of options for coaching and mentoring qualifications can seem confusing. Here is a guide to help you decide which course is right for you:
- Number of credits – in general, qualifications with a higher number of credits are seen as more valuable and in some circumstances can give exemption against other qualifications.
- Access to practical coaching/mentoring – in order to build your skills and demonstrate your competence, you will need access to people that you can coach/mentor. Different levels of qualification require access to different types of people.
- Equivalent academic level – this is a guide only. Level 5 is equivalent to under graduate study on the Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF). Our personal tutors can help you assess your suitability for different levels.
ELC Funded ILM Qualifications
Use your 'Enhanced Learning Credits' to boost your career. Inspired2learn are proud to be an approved ELCAS supplier assisting HM Forces personnel wanting help with high quality resettlement training and qualifications for career transition into civilian life
View more about ELCAS training courses
Alumni and current ILM Level 5 students
The examples of students below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator.
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company.
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority.
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy.
- Mark, Darren, Paul, Glen and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns.
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
"Thank you for a very stimulating and thought provoking session which I have already found very helpful and for forwarding the slides and templates. I have also really enjoyed meeting the other people on the course. I shall be purchasing and studying some of the books you recommend and also looking for some willing guinea pigs!" Catharine, April 2017
"I liked Clare's approach and to hear her speak with such knowledge has helped me to have the desire to seek future training in coaching as this was my first experience and I found it fascinating." Ben, June 2017
"I gained a better understanding of the variety of tools available and how to use them in my team and coaching. I am also understanding myself better and how I restrict myself by rigid approaches as a manager. Its given me more motivation to 'sort myself out'!" Heidi, June 2017
"I really enjoyed fining out about psychometric tests and how they work. I will plan to use them in my future coaching and also to look at my own strengths and weaknesses. An excellent course thanks." Kate June 2017
"During the coaching workshop today I learnt things about myself and a colleague that I didn't know before, showing that I need to ask more questions and try not to lead conversations. I enjoyed the morning and got a lot out of it thank you." Carolyn, April 2017
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM qualification
Your ILM Level 5 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualification costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you study with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for individual EMCC membership.
Get in touch with i2L today by filling in the form below or calling us on 01380 609313