ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Coaching & Mentoring
ILM Level 5 qualification courses
Qualify as a Coach and Mentor. Gaining your ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring or your ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring starts with enrolling in our ILM Level 5 courses for 2018 and 2019.
Enrolling is easy - enrol for ILM Level 5 qualifications with i2L now or call 01380 609313 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your course place and pay later or book online here: ILM Level 5 qualification courses. You can start your ILM Level 5 qualifications straight away with unlimited support from your personal tutor - attend the free training when you are ready - choice of current dates are below:
- Course dates autumn / winter 2018: 20th September, 23rd and 24th October, 4th December
- Intensive 4 day course winter 2019: 19th - 23rd November - immerse yourself in executive coach training
- Course dates 2019: 22nd and 23rd January, 21st February, 2nd April
Benefits of ILM Level 5 - Coaching and Mentoring
- Get started straight away
- A practical ILM Level 5 course supported by a wealth of learning materials
- Complimentary copy of Clare Smale's Coaching Cards and her A-Z Handbook of Coaching
- Two further published texts
- Face to face workshops with like-minded people
- Under graduate level study and qualification
- Flexible assignment deadlines to fit your busy schedule
- Unlimited support and coaching supervision
- Personal tutor to guide you throughout
- The option to upgrade to a Level 5 Diploma from the Certificate level
- Option to pay by instalments
- ELCAS approved
Choosing ILM Level 5 courses and costs
Payment – you have the option to pay the full fee in advance or set up a payment plan with i2L.
What are ILM Level 5 qualifications?
Level 5 coaching and mentoring qualifications are designed for anyone who wants to coach / mentor at any level, including managers, HR specialists, trainers and freelance coaches. There are two options - Certificate and Diploma:
Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring - 15 credits. This certificate requires 20 hours of practical coaching at senior management or executive level + 3 written assignments.
How are ILM Level 5 Certificate courses structured?
There are three units of study in the ILM Level 5 certificate course:
- Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring (one written assignment.)
- Undertaking Coaching or Mentoring - written submission of a detailed coaching or mentoring diary for 20 coaching hours, plus your reflective learning log
- Reviewing Your Ability as a Coach or Mentor (one written assignment)
Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring
Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring - 40 credits. This diploma requires 100 hours of practical coaching at senior management or executive level + the 3 written assignments detailed above in the Certificate qualification.
Which coaching and mentoring qualification is right for you?
The range of options for coaching and mentoring qualifications can seem confusing. Here is a guide to help you decide which course is right for you:
- Number of credits – in general, qualifications with a higher number of credits are seen as more valuable and in some circumstances can give exemption against other qualifications.
- Access to practical coaching/mentoring – in order to build your skills and demonstrate your competence, you will need access to people that you can coach/mentor. Different levels of qualification require access to different types of people.
- Equivalent academic level – this is a guide only. Level 5 is equivalent to under graduate study on the Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF). Our personal tutors can help you assess your suitability for different levels.
ELC Funded ILM Qualifications
Use your 'Enhanced Learning Credits' to boost your career. Inspired2learn are proud to be an approved ELCAS supplier assisting HM Forces personnel wanting help with high quality resettlement training and qualifications for career transition into civilian life
View more about ELCAS training courses
Alumni and current ILM Level 5 students
The examples of students below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching managers within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Eva is an independent leadership coach working in a variety of sectors. Whilst studying for her ILM Level 5 Certificate Eva was a people development manager in a large law firm. She has now gone freelance and runs her own coaching business.
- Martine is a PGCE programme leader at a University which has a growing internal coaching pool for staff. She is part of a larger cohort of lecturing and support staff who are undertaking their ILM Level 5 qualification. Other people in the group include Robert who is a Mental Health Support Coordinator for University Students and Jonathan who is Head of Technical and Production Services. Karen and Ann are managers of Student Accommodation Services, whilst Pandora is the job shop coordinator.
- Jan and Anthony are both primary school head teachers.
- Giselle and Natalie are both senior leaders in primary schools.
- Kira and Penny both work for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Lisa is a learning consultant and programme lead for leadership development in a global security and aerospace company.
- Andrew is a Post 16 team manager, whilst Tanya, Clare and Kay are senior social work managers in a Local Authority.
- Alexandru is a Hungarian national working for a global telecommunications company in Prague.
- Ben, Cliff, Dave and Kate are all officers (current or recent) in the armed forces (military policy, army and RAF) who are using their ELCAS resettlement to part fund their qualification
- Karon is a learning and development consultant in a large law firm. Karon has recently completed the ILM Level 5 Certificate and is coaching extensively within her law firm as well as supporting the implantation of a coaching culture in the L&D strategy.
- Mark, Darren, Paul, Glen and Liz are senior police officers balancing their studying with extensive operational duties and varied shift patterns.
- Katherine is a GP and senior partner in a busy and large city practice.
"Thank you for a very stimulating and thought provoking session which I have already found very helpful and for forwarding the slides and templates. I have also really enjoyed meeting the other people on the course. I shall be purchasing and studying some of the books you recommend and also looking for some willing guinea pigs!" Catharine, April 2017
"I liked Clare's approach and to hear her speak with such knowledge has helped me to have the desire to seek future training in coaching as this was my first experience and I found it fascinating." Ben, June 2017
"I gained a better understanding of the variety of tools available and how to use them in my team and coaching. I am also understanding myself better and how I restrict myself by rigid approaches as a manager. Its given me more motivation to 'sort myself out'!" Heidi, June 2017
"I really enjoyed fining out about psychometric tests and how they work. I will plan to use them in my future coaching and also to look at my own strengths and weaknesses. An excellent course thanks." Kate June 2017
"During the coaching workshop today I learnt things about myself and a colleague that I didn't know before, showing that I need to ask more questions and try not to lead conversations. I enjoyed the morning and got a lot out of it thank you." Carolyn, April 2017
Get in touch
Make the step and get in touch with i2L today by filling in the form below or calling us on 01380 609313