ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors
Qualify as an Executive Coach and Mentor
call 01380 609313
What are ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching and Mentoring qualifications?
Level 7 executive coaching and mentoring qualifications are designed for senior managers, HR managers, HR directors, training managers and freelance coaches or anyone who wants to coach or mentor senior managers and executives.
There are two options - certificate (one or two year course) and diploma (two year course):
- ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Coaches & Mentors - 1 Year Course
- ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Coaches & Mentors - 2 Year Course - including unlimited coach supervision
- ILM Level 7 Diploma for Executive and Senior Coaches & Mentors
Benefits of ILM Level 7 - Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Get started straight away
- On line learning and FREE workshop dates
- FREE membership of the Association for Coaching for your first year
- A practical ILM Level 7 course supported by a wealth of learning materials
- Complimentary copy of Clare Smale's Coaching Cards and her A-Z Handbook of Coaching
- Two further published texts
- Free face to face workshops with like-minded people
- Post graduate level study and qualification
- Flexible assignment deadlines to fit your busy schedule
- Unlimited support and coaching supervision
- Personal tutor to guide you throughout
- The option to upgrade to a Level 7 Diploma
- Option to pay by instalments
- ELCAS approved
- Diploma in NLP Coaching is included (T&Cs apply)
- Pay the full fee in advance or set up a payment plan with i2L.
Start your ILM Level 7 coaching and mentoring qualification straight away with unlimited support from your personal tutor.
Which ILM coaching and mentoring qualification is right for you?
The range of options for ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications can seem confusing. Here is a guide to help you decide which course is right for you:
- Number of credits – in general, qualifications with a higher number of credits are seen as more valuable and in some circumstances can give exemption against other qualifications.
- Access to practical coaching/mentoring – in order to build your skills and demonstrate your competence, you will need access to people that you can coach/mentor. Different levels of qualification require access to different types of people.
- Equivalent academic level – this is a guide only. Level 7 is equivalent to post graduate study on the Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF). Our personal tutors can help you assess your suitability for different levels.
Alumni and current ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching and Mentoring students
The examples of students below will give you a picture of the range of backgrounds and careers of our ILM students. All of them are currently coaching senior strategic leaders within their organisations or as independent coaches. Further case studies and examples are available on request.
- Joy has recently retired from her post as a strategic director in adult care (local authority) in order to follow her ambition to coach independently.
- Ben, Suzie, Dave, Tom and Mike have all been (or are currently) a Major in the British Army. Paul is a Wing Commander in the RAF Police. They have used their ELCAS resettlement allowance to fund their ILM Level 7 qualification for future roles in consultancy and business development.
- Bill is a Chief Executive of a global estates management company and ex Army General, who is using the ILM Level 7 to embark on a career as an independent executive coach.
- Sue is a senior nurse and strategic leader in a hospice. She is developing executive coaching clients in the NHS and beyond.
- Debbie and Karen are both independent executive coaches and business owners, working with leadership development programmes and individuals in a variety of corporate settings. Their accreditation will add to their extensive experience and client portfolio.
- Uzma is a freelance business psychologist with a well-established portfolio of executive coaching clients.
- Steve is a firefighter and qualified (post grad) sports coach.
"I had a brilliant 4 days – learnt lots and enjoyed listening to colleagues on the course. I have been on training courses before where NLP was a topic and always felt a little bit suspicious (because of its associate with “selling”) but found it far more intriguing this time. I feel very positive and enthused and can see myself actually progressing with my assignment." Jackie November, 2018
"Loved everything about the training, the group, Clare’s leadership and guidance of the sessions. Have learnt so much and have so many techniques to use now. Compared notes with a colleague who has been doing her training through our organisation and she is gutted! She said they have just flogged GROW to death with no additional techniques to use alongside it! So fired up!!" Sally, February 2020
"Thank you for another great session. You really are a gifted teacher. I always love the drive up and back to your sessions because I know I’ll walk out inspired." Vanessa, December 2019
"An excellent coaching supervisor and superb training deliverer, Clare’s commitment has been outstanding and her support and advice through my ILM Level 7 Coaching and Mentoring qualification has been first class. She is so enthusiastic and passionate about what she does and with lots of experience my training group have learnt so much from her and grown as coaches. Her training sessions are really fun and informative, and allow us to explore different tool and techniques as coaches. And they are highly interactive. I have recommended her and Inspired2Learn to so many people, not just those like myself who are military and can used their Enhanced Learning Credits, but to lots of others too." Suzi, November 2019
"The programme exceeded my objectives. It delivered a terrific balance between theory and pragmatism. The tutor kept us healthily engaged throughout and always offered opportunities to further our own learning or pass on the output from recent seminars that she had attended. The best thing about this course was the way in which it was run. I work for myself. The programme has provided me with both the knowledge and the confidence to approach any business with a coaching offer. Friendly, informative, challenging and all with excellent support in place. Thank you" William, September 2019
"Thank you for delivering a fantastic, engaging enlightening, no nonsense and thought provoking workshops. I honestly mean it. I thought it was excellent. In terms of a learning experience I couldn't fault it. The pacing, content, tone and environment you created was so conducive to learning. I learnt SO much and equally as important I have been inspired to want to learn more. You made me feel comfortable outside my comfort zone!! It was great to be with such lovely and interesting people as well. PS. My 80s T Shirt .... "Be the best version of me"..... I don't think I've been it for a while and the last 2 days have genuinely been a call to action for me to be that person again. Thank you" Richard, May 2019
"Thanks Clare and Inspired2learn for enabling me to successfully pass my ILM Level 7 executive coaching certificate. I have learnt so much thanks to your excellent teaching, guidance, supervision and support. Attending the workshops at the start of my course really got me engaged and built my confidence and I met great people who have also been a real support. The materials you provided to support my learning and assignments are excellent; I’ll continue to use them. Your personal care and attention has made me feel very fortunate to have found your training provision. Thanks very much for everything." John, Derbyshire, October 2019
"Thanks again for an inspiring week. I think I’ve found another victim this morning so I can get started now.
It was such a great week. And very important for me as I start again. Meeting and working with you and the other participants has been of huge help to me. And I’ve acted on some advice given to me to get my business moving, this morning. Working with people who are so different from my own sphere has been an inspiration. " John, November 2018
Get in touch - fill in the form below or call us on 01380 609313
Further accreditations - next steps after your ILM level 7
Your ILM Level 7 qualification is a step towards further accreditation with a professional body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching at senior practitioner level. Further coaching hours and evidence will be required and depending on your prior experience, this could take some time to achieve.
We have considered accrediting our courses with a professional body, but have chosen not to do this for these reasons:
- we feel that this would limit your personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which professional body - there is a wide choice and different approaches suit different people
- having achieved a qualification, you might not be interested in accreditation and the additional work required - if you are we can explain your options
- a significant amount of additional learning time and coaching practice would need to be added to our courses and we aware that many of you chose the ILM qualification as an initial step to professionalise your coaching that is less time consuming and therefore cheaper than other routes - we want to be pragmatic about this for you, whilst still providing a robust and ethical experience in your coaching development
- the additional learning time would require a substantial increase in your qualificaiton costs and we want studying with us to be affordable.
Rest assured that we are fully committed to working alongside professional coaching bodies and we are members of both the AC and EMCC. We fully uphold their Global Code of Ethics and promote the work of all the coaching bodies with impartiality. When you sudy with us you will receive one year of membership with the AC and a 25% discount for indvidual EMCC membership.