Terms and Conditions
1.1. Training courses and qualifications
Your statutory right under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations, 2014, allows you 14 days from the date we start you on your programme (ie. when you receive our induction e-mail) in which to make a written request for cancellation. This can be by email or letter. If you cancel within this period, we will return in full any fees you have already paid.
Note: If you pay us within 14 days of enrolling, we will register you straightaway with the CMI and pay them your registration fee. In this case, if you then cancel within the 14 days your refund will not include the CMI registration fee which is non-refundable.
After this 14 day period, all fees are non-refundable.
If you cancel within 24 hours of a coaching appointment the full fee will be invoiced
If you cancel with more than 24 hours notice, the session will not be charged
1.3. Inspired2learn's right to cancel
Inspired2learn reserve the right cancel a programme of study with you if we feel for any reason that we are unable to successfully complete the programme with you.
If we cancel a programme, you will receive a full refund of fees already paid.
2. Fee Payments
Study fees must be paid according to the payments schedule agreed when you enrol with us. We will only register you with the Awarding Body (CMI or ILM) on receipt of your full payment or agreed first instalment.
When payment has been agreed by way of an instalment plan, you agree to make the required payment on the dates agreed from the outset, via direct debit. In the event of a payment not being received, we reserve the right to withdraw our services and cancel your enrolment with no refund of any fees already paid.
3. Timescales for qualifications
You will agree with us your own personalised schedule of assignment submissions and course completion date. You will need to have completed and passed your final assignment at least one month before the end of the registration period for your qualification.
The registration periods for CMI qualifications are as follows:
Award - Average completion time: 2-3 months - 1 year CMI registration period and up to 3 months unlimited tutorial
Certificate - Average completion time: 4-5 months - 3 year CMI registration period and up to 6 months unlimited tutorial
Diploma- Average completion time: 6-9 months - 3 year CMI registration period and up to 12 months unlimited tutorial
Extended Diploma - Average completion time: 10-18 months - 3 year CMI registration period and up to 18 months unlimited tutorial
The registration period for all ILM qualifications in coaching and mentoring is three years.
4. Unlimited tutorial support
- a named personal tutor
- indicative content provided to guide your study for each assignment
- primarily, tutorial support is by e-mail conversations with your tutor
- supplementary telephone/Skype/Zoom support is included by pre-arranged appointment (Note: if you are outside of the UK in a different timezone, we will need to discuss the practicalities of this)
- review and feedback for draft work for your first full assignment in a qualification only. After this, you may ask for your draft of one extract (of up to 500 words) of each subsequent assignment to be reviewed – maybe a section you are least confident about. Please note: Answering of questions and providing advice on interpreting & understanding assignment questions, and signposting to resources will continue throughout the unlimited support period.
Why this limitation on reviewing draft work? We are quality audited by the CMI. We must strike a balance between providing developmental help with your assignments and not giving so much advice that it could be considered as collusion in the writing of your own assignment (i.e. almost writing your assignment with you).
There comes a time when, after some tutorial advice, you need to make the decision yourself about whether you have demonstrated your knowledge and understanding sufficiently against the assessment criteria.
Generally, you will only get detailed feedback when your tutor thinks you need to do different or more content to modify a draft. If you don’t get detailed feedback it is because your tutor thinks your content is enough.
Remember that you will also get feedback from assignment markers which will also help guide your approach to future assignments, and what needs to be improved if an assignment is referred and needs to be resubmitted.
5. General support and obligations
Inspired2learn undertake to fulfil all features of your study programme published on our website at www.inspired2learn.co.uk. Included in the basic price package for all our qualifications:
- a telephone and/or e-mail conversation with you if required by you to ensure the qualification and method of study is right for you
- an induction pack that will give full details of the qualification, sources of study materials, our administration processes and assessment guidelines
- assignments and written guidance for completing them
- a named tutor - available for unlimited support via e-mail, telephone and Skype (Note: if you are outside of the UK in a different timezone, we will need to discuss the practicalities of telephone/Skype support)
- access to the ILM or CMI on-line learning resources
- assessment, moderation and certificate
ILM candidates will also receive the following:
- two published books about coaching
- unlimited telephone coaching supervision, arranged according to need
- access to inspired2learn's extensive library of coaching articles, templates and assessment support materials
Your tutor will always:
- provide you with a minimum acknowledgment response to your enquiries within 24 working hours (e.g. if Friday, by following Monday)
- provide you with a full response to your enquiries within 48 working hours (e.g. if Friday, by following Tuesday)
- notify you of their dates of holiday and other unavailability, and what tutorial cover has been arranged during this time
- be prepared to arrange telephone/skype appointments during normal office hours, Monday - Friday – you will be asked to call your tutor
Note: evening and weekend contact with your tutor is not part of the package, but may be offered at a tutor's individual discretion.If you are outside of the UK in a different timezone, we will need to discuss the practicalities of telephone/Skype support)
- assess and moderate your assignments in line with the requirements of the Awarding Body, and within agreed timescales
- be available during normal office hours, Mon-Friday, 9am - 5pm throughout your programme to answer basic administrative queries you have about your programme of study
- provide access to learning resources
- issue your Awarding Body certificate to you on successful completion of the qualification
5.1. Assignment submissions
- We guarantee that you will receive an assignment result (subject to final CMI external moderation) no later than 21 days from your date of submission - if any exceptional and unexpected circumstances arise that prevent this, you will be informed
- If an assignment is referred by a marker, you can resubmit for a remark up to two times - if the assignment is still a refer after the third attempt, a fourth attempt is not permitted and you will be required to study an alternative unit
6.1. If there is reason to believe you are involved in malpractice, Inspired2learn will conduct an investigation according to CMI and/or ILM policies and procedures. If you are found guilty you may not be allowed to continue with your qualification course and any completed assessments up to the time of the malpractice incident may be discounted. The CMI/ILM and relevant regulatory bodies will be informed. Fees already paid will not be refunded, and any outstanding fees will remain due for payment. Malpractice can include:
- Plagiarism - failure to acknowledge sources properly and/or the submission of another person’s work as if it were the Learner’s own - including copying and pasting from the internet
- Collusion with others when an assessment must be completed solely by individual Learners
- Copying from another Learner
- Impersonation - assuming the identity of another Learner or having someone assume your identity during an assessment
- Inclusion of inappropriate, offensive, discriminatory or obscene material in assessment evidence. This includes vulgarity and swearing that is outside of the context of the assessment, or any material of a discriminatory nature (including racism, sexism and homophobia)
6.2. Proof of ID: As a regulatory requirement we will also need you to send us by e-mail a copy of your passport or driving licence with photo ID - you will be required to do this as soon as possible after your enrolment to email@example.com. We cannot start you on your study programme until we have received this. Thank you.
If you have a complaint, concern or criticism about any services we offer, please contact Barrie Smale at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Quality assurance
If you wish to view our quality policy and compliance with ISO9001:2015 standards, please e-mail email@example.com
9. Privacy and Data Policy
This policy covers all data handled by i2l Ltd and i2l Partnership, trading as inspired2learn.
This policy covers any information which relates directly or can be linked directly to you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. This includes your name, phone number, email address, photographs, genetic and economic data.
I2l is privacy conscious we are strongly committed to your right to privacy. Your data will be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
At inspired2learn, maintaining the security of your data is a priority and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Inspired2learn is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data
- what personal data we collect
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
9.1. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Inspired2learn uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you
- to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you. You will always have the opportunity to opt out.
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Inspired2learn uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (you will always be easily able to opt out of such communications).
Inspired2learn aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting us via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
9.3. Sharing data with third parties
9.3.1. Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data (personal information and work) with our service partners. These include the Chartered Management Institute and ILM (the awarding bodies for the qualifications we offer) plus associates who are part of our tutoring, assessment and training team.
We only allow our associates to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on our associates relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to inspired2learn and to you, and for no other purposes.
9.3.2. Other third parties
Aside from our associates, inspired2learn will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes. We may share your data with:
- our two awarding bodies (the Chartered Management Institute and ILM)
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so
to comply with our legal obligations
to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
for the protection of our employees and customers.
9.4. How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
9.5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Inspired2learn may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your password(s)
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with inspired2learn
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Your personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an account on our website or send an email to our team. We may also collect personal data from third parties (such as the CMI or ILM) who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
9.6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Inspired2learn is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
We hold a Certificate of Assurance for Cyber Essentials with IASME accreditation body
Your data will be stored and backed up in our secure Microsoft SharePoint folders. We have a supply and service contract with Excalibur Communications, Swindon, Wiltshire for the maintenance and security of our Microsoft SharePoint system and Cyber Essentials compliance.
If we are informed of a data breach we will inform the Information Commissioners Office (and yourself if your data is involved) within 72 hours.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office - Registration number: Z9647717
9.7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10)
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
9.8. Legal basis for inspired2learn processing customer personal data
I2l collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
9.9. Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of inspired2learn, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers, including registration on qualifications accredited by the CMI and ILM
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers and those who have made enquiries about our services;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- managing insurance claims by customers
- protecting inspired2learn, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to i2l
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against i2l
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
9.10. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about how inspired2learn uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01380 609313
- e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us at: inspired2learn, 25 Davies Drive, Devizes SN10 2RJ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.