Terms and Conditions
Data Protection - how we will use and store your data
By enrolling on your qualification course with inspired2learn, you give us permission to share your personal details and work you submit to us for assessment with our Awarding Bodies (Chartered Management Institute and ILM) and the associated regulatory bodies. This is to enable them to fulfil their accreditation and quality control processes.
We will not share your data with any other 3rd party.
We will also use your data to enable us to maintain contact with you and disseminate relevant information required to fulfil your learning programme with us.
We will also from time to time contact you to inform you of our products and services - you will be able to opt out from receiving this information whenever you wish.
Your data will be stored and backed up in our secure Microsoft SharePoint folders. We will retain your data for a period of 10 years and then delete it permanently from our system.
We have a supply and service contract with Excalibur Communications, Swindon, Wiltshire for the maintenance and security of our Microsoft SharePoint system. If we are informed of a data breach we will inform the Information Commissioners Office (and yourself if your data is involved) within 72 hours.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office - Registration number: Z9647717
If at any time you wish to request details of the information we have stored about you and how it is being used, contact our data controller: Barrie Smale - email@example.com
Your statutory right under the The Consumer Contracts Regulations, 2014, allows you 14 days from the date we start you on your programme (ie. when you receive our induction e-mail) in which to make a written request for cancellation. This can be by email or letter. If you cancel within this period, we will return in full any fees you have already paid. Note: If you pay us within 14 days of enrolling, we will register you straightaway with the CMI. In this case, if you then cancel within the 14 days your refund will not include the CMI registration fee. After this 14 day period, all fees are non-refundable.
Study fees must be paid according to the payments schedule agreed when you enrol with us. We will only register you with the Awarding Body (CMI or ILM) on receipt of your full payment or agreed first instalment.
When payment has been agreed by way of an instalment plan, you agree to make the required payment on the dates agreed from the outset, via direct debit. In the event of a payment not being received, we reserve the right to withdraw our services and cancel your enrolment with no refund of any fees already paid.
You will agree with us your own personalised schedule of assignment submissions and course completion date. You will need to have completed and passed your final assignment at least one month before the end of the registration period for your qualification.
The registration periods for CMI qualifications are as follows:
|Qualification designation||CMI registration period||Time we will provide unlimited tutorial support Note: you will still be able to submit assignments for assessment by us up to one month before your CMI/ILM registration expiry date|
|Award||1 year||6 months|
|Certificate||3 years||9 months|
|Diploma||3 years||18 months|
|Extended Diploma (only levels 5 & 7||3 years||24 months|
The registration period for all ILM qualifications in coaching and mentoring is three years.
Unlimited tutorial support
- a named personal tutor
- indicative content provided to guide your study for each assignment
- e-mail conversations with your tutor
- telephone/Skype support by pre-arranged appointment
- review and feedback for draft assignment work for your first 2 assignments only ( Why? We have to strike a balance between providing sufficient help with your assignments and not giving so much advice that it could be seen as collusion in your assessment).
- answering questions/providing advice on interpreting & understanding assignment questions and signposting to resources throughout the unlimited support period
General support and obligations
Inspired2learn undertake to fulfil all features of your study programme published on our website at www.inspired2learn.co.uk. Included in the basic price package for all our qualifications:
- a telephone and/or e-mail conversation with you if required by you to ensure the qualification and method of study is right for you
- an induction pack that will give full details of the qualification, sources of study materials, our administration processes and assessment guidelines
- assignments and written guidance for completing them
- a named tutor - available for unlimited support via e-mail, telephone and Skype
- access to the ILM or CMI on-line learning resources
- assessment, moderation and certificate
ILM candidates will also receive the following:
- two published books about coaching
- unlimited telephone coaching supervision, arranged according to need
- access to inspired2learn's extensive library of coaching articles, templates and assessment support materials
Your tutor will always:
- provide you with a minimum acknowledgment response to your enquiries within 24 working hours (e.g. if Friday, by following Monday)
- provide you with a full response to your enquiries within 48 working hours (e.g. if Friday, by following Tuesday)
- notify you of their dates of holiday and other unavailability, and what tutorial cover has been arranged during this time
- be prepared to arrange telephone/skype appointments during normal office hours, Monday - Friday – you will be asked to call your tutor
Note: evening and weekend contact with your tutor is not part of the package, but may be offered at a tutor's individual discretion.
- assess and moderate your assignments in line with the requirements of the Awarding Body, and within agreed timescales
- be available during normal office hours, Mon-Friday, 9am - 5pm throughout your programme to answer basic administrative queries you have about your programme of study
- provide access to learning resources
- issue your Awarding Body certificate to you on successful completion of the qualification
If there is reason to believe you are involved in malpractice, Inspired2learn will conduct an investigation according to CMI and/or ILM policies and procedures. If you you are found guilty you may not be allowed to continue with your qualification course and any completed assessments up to the time of the malpractice incident may be discounted. The CMI/ILM and relevant regulatory bodies will be informed. Fees already paid will not be refunded, and any outstanding fees will remain due for payment. Malpractice can include:
- Plagiarism - failure to acknowledge sources properly and/or the submission of another person’s work as if it were the Learner’s own - including copying and pasting from the internet
- Collusion with others when an assessment must be completed solely by individual Learners
- Copying from another Learner
- Impersonation - assuming the identity of another Learner or having someone assume your identity during an assessment
- Inclusion of inappropriate, offensive, discriminatory or obscene material in assessment evidence. This includes vulgarity and swearing that is outside of the context of the assessment, or any material of a discriminatory nature (including racism, sexism and homophobia)
If you have a complaint, concern or criticism about any services we offer, please contact Barrie Smale at firstname.lastname@example.org