Train to be a coach supervisor
Would you like to train and qualify as a coach supervisor?
The ILM Level 7 Supervision of Coaches qualification will enable you to expand your CV and credentials as a coach supervisor and begin the journey of future accreditation with a professional body if that is also important to you. This qualification is recognised by both the AC and EMCC for individual supervision accreditation and it will also enable you to become a listed supervisor on the Trusted Coach Directory.
Join our ILM L7 Supervision qualification course - you have three routes to qualify
- 18 month course - next cohort begins with a flexible induction in August/September - see Modules 1 and 2 below
- 1 year course - join a cohort of learners and complete your qualification together - see Module 2 below
- Fast Track - flexible course with a personalised pathway and up to a year to complete - start any time - no need to wait for a cohort start date
A few places are still available on our fixed courses (options 1 and 2 above) with a flexible start state in August / September this year.
The Fast Track flexible option is also available for experienced coaches who meet the application criteria - just give us a call to find out more. Start any time and join our other learners for tutorials and workshops - work alongside other supervisors at different stages of completing their qualification with us. Plenty of networking and support.
Our 18 month course begins in August / September with a flexible start date. You will join a cohort of other coaches and work together following the timescales shown below. This course is suitable for new supervisors and will also give you the opportunity to bring your coaching CPD up to date - you will also participate in group supervision for your coaching practice. You will join a small group of practising coaches for peer support, supervision triads and virtual workshops. Extend your professional network, learn the models and approaches you’ll need to supervise coaches and achieve a Level 7 supervision qualification (ILM). You have the option to complete your supervision qualification sooner than the full 18 months if you prefer.
Module 1 - Pre Course Preparation - September to December 2021
- an initial phone call followed by a one hour induction meeting to introduce you to the learning programme
- undertake a minimum of 35 hours of coaching skills CPD
- copies of Clare's three coaching books and coaching cards
- access to a wealth of coaching resources and a library of over 100 hours of webinar recordings
- take part in 6 hours of group supervision on your coaching practice
- meet your learning buddies and begin working in peer triads
Module 2 - ILM L7 Certificate or Diploma for Coach Supervisors - January to December 2022
What you will learn
- Different supervision models that you can use straight away
- How to create the best state for supervision – in yourself and for others
- Advanced communication and coaching techniques
- Supervision techniques, models and tools
- Ethical codes and the options for professional memberships
- How to create the best state for supervision– in yourself and for others
- How to run a formal 1:1 supervision session from start to finish, including contracting, ethics and paperwork
- The dynamics of group supervision and approaches for managing this
- How psychological safety and neuroscience supports coaching and supervision practice
- Options for further accreditations and memberships with different professional bodies
What you will receive
- A selection of supervision books chosen by us
- A personalised learner journey
- 6 half day virtual workshops in 2022 - supervision skills and practice
- Free learner membership of the Association for Coaching for one year
- Plenty of personal tutor contact, feedback and support
- Ongoing access to free i2l coaching webinars and learning materials
- At least 6 hours of peer supervision triads with peer feedback