Our Coaching Supervision services are provided by Clare Smale BA (Hons) PGCE FInstLM FRSA
Clare has been coaching and supervising coaches for over 16 years.
She is an active coach practitioner and supervisor with a wide range of clients, continuously developing her skills and knowledge. This enables her to combine extensive practical experience with a wide knowledge base in her role as a coach trainer and supervisor. This includes leading our highly regarded ILM coaching and mentoring qualifications.
"Just a quick one to say that I was sceptical before today's session. I place great value in learning from those with more experience, skills and knowledge than me, and generally find activities based on "sharing good practice" of negligible worth, and that was what I was expecting. How wrong I was on all counts. It was great, I learned lots. Thank you." Richard, executive Coach, July 2020
Clare's coaching-related qualifications and professional memberships include: ILM Level 7 Diploma in Executive Coaching, NLP Master Practitioner & Trainer and MiRo Behaviour Modes Practitioner, Fellow RSA, Member ANLP, AC and EMCC. Member of the Trusted Coach Directory and the Assocaition of Coaching Supervisors. Professional Certificate in Supervision at Henley Business School (University of Reading and EMCC accredited).
Individual and group supervision are both available - face to face, Skype or Zoom.
Clare runs a number of closed supervision groups via Zoom. These are set up with up to four supervisees and offer three supervision experiences via Zoom at intervals of 6-8 weeks. Dates are mutually agreed by the group. There is a new group starting shortly, so if you'd like to join just get in touch with Clare and she will be able to answer your questions and provide further information. The cost is £200.
Here is some recent feedback from participants in Clare's group supervision:
- Good challenging contracting questions based on Tuckman’s forming, storing, norming and performing. Within the single session, Clare got us to agree a focus for development for the benefit of the organisation and our clients. We used different tools for different supervisees, the nature of the scenarios and the time available. Helpful to think of boundaries and labels regarding mental health issues in coaching. Drew attention to the parallel process with specific questions.
- Many thanks for an interesting, enjoyable and challenging (in a very positive way) session
- Contracting was good and it was useful to discuss approaches and introduce challenge at this stage. We worked in service of the group and a collective agreement was sought. I liked looking at the group in context of forming, storming, norming and performing. I liked that the session developed naturally and was not too rigid but still had boundaries. Everybody contributed and session brought the best out of everyone. We used parallel process and I liked drawing upon our own experiences. Very clear on time limits and expectations.
I just wanted to drop you a quick thank you as you’re advice in the supervision session has helped clear something up for me. I’ve had one chemistry meeting and feel very confident that he’s completely committed so we’re doing our first formal coaching session next week. I then received a cancellation just now with the other potential coachee and I’ve suggested (nicely) that we don’t go ahead as I’ve struggled to get him to commit to date. I think he’s quite relieved and there’s no hard feelings, but I think I was aware that he was struggling and was the wrong choice of client so am actually also relieved. I think I can find another person but may be reaching out to the network if not! Thanks though, your advice helped remind me to be make sure the chemistry is right, not just go ahead for the sake of ticking a box!
- Clear, concise and open contracting. Really good work in service of the group –clear thoughts and ideas across the whole group and enabled individual reflection. Well-structured and planned out. Facilitated well and allowed freedom of thought and interaction. Very good adapting to group dynamics – encouraged us all to take part and took into account different personalities. Good style to enable each person time to contribute constructively. A helpful style of using parallel process, which made me think.
- A good amount of time was spent on contracting to help the group understand and appreciate the session. Positive input to all sections and participants which brought added insight to the group. Sensitive input to the group helped develop each of the participant’s scenarios. Adapted a flexible approach - identifying those who wished to share at the beginning shaped our expectations. Asked all group members for their comments / thoughts and questions. Well timed comments helped to bring focus to the parallel process.
- Clare involved all of the group in agreeing contracting and ensured that we covered organisation specific issues. The facilitation of the group ensured all members contributed as individuals and also contributed to a whole group approach. Felt like good progress was made in the group’s development. Felt like the supervisor allowed the group to drive its own directions. Felt like everyone had the opportunity to contribute. Drew attention to the parallel process.
- Really useful to gain other’s insights. Also very supportive and helped me reflect on my own practice.
Clare supervises new and experienced coaches in many different organisations (private companies, local authorities, schools, charities, police, NHS, fire & rescue, and the armed forces).
Supervision takes place by phone, Zoom or Skype and typically lasts an hour. Wherever you are in the world, just get in touch to find out more about Clare's approach to supervision and how she can support you in your coaching practice. Packages are available, plus one off supervision sessions. To find out more, including prices, get in touch using the contact form below.
In addition, Clare regularly designs and delivers both ILM accredited and bespoke coach training courses. Clare has regular coach supervision and also supervision of supervision.
Clare has created the following resources to support coaches:
- a pack of coaching cards (55 questions and 55 pictures)
- Transform your Goals with VISION (paperback and Kindle)
- The A-Z Coaching Handbook (paperback and Kindle)